[select all collections]
[de-select all collections]
Please select the collections below you wish to search within.
Title: LSU Health Sciences Center Shreveport Audiovisual Collection
This collection contains important events in the history of the LSU Health Sciences Center at Shreveport that were captured on film, as well as recorded interviews of key figures in the development of the School of Medicine. These audiovisual clips represent full length film reels, Umatic tapes, VHS tapes, and cassette tapes located in the LSU Health Sciences Center-Shreveport, Medical Library Archives that were digitized and transferred to DVD and CD.
Contact: Dee Jones; email@example.com; 318-675-5458
More information about this Collection
Browse items in this Collection
Title: LSU Health Sciences Center Shreveport Newspaper Clippings
This collection of newspaper clippings documents significant events in the history of the LSU Health Sciences Center in Shreveport with the primary focus being the establishment of the LSU School of Medicine in Shreveport. Nearly 2,000 clippings from the Shreveport Times and the Shreveport Journal date from the 1960s through the 1980s.
Title: LSU Health Sciences Center Shreveport Photograph Collection
This collection of nearly 3,000 photographs documents the people, facilities, and events that were significant to the growth and development of the LSU Health Sciences Center in Shreveport. With several name changes over the years (Shreveport Charity Hospital, Confederate Memorial Medical Center, and LSU Medical Center), this multi-campus health care and educational institution has a 140-year history. Photographs in this collection are primarily the work of Gordon W. Maxcy, a registered biomedical photographer whose 34-year career began in 1948 at the Shreveport Charity Hospital. During his career he was responsible for photographing employees and hospital events and documenting the daily life at the hospital, nursing school, and medical school. Also included in this collection are historic photographs of the Shreveport Charity Hospital and staff from the late 1800s and the early 1900s taken by Burch Enos Grabill and William "Bill" Grabill, father and son owners of Grabill Studio in Shreveport.