The books digitized here serve as an index to meeting minutes of the Orleans Parish School Board, some of which have been digitized and can be found in the collection "Orleans Parish School Board Meeting Minutes."
The meeting minutes indexed in these pages cover discussions and debates surrounding religion in the shcools, gender-related issues, teacher salaries, new construction, health policies, hiring policies, and more.
The minute books and their indexes are both part of the larger Orleans Parish School Board Collection (MSS 147) in the Louisiana and Special Collections Department at UNO’s Earl K. Long Library. These images were digitized from microfilm reproductions and may vary in image quality due to quality of the original film.
Digitization of the meeting minutes and their indexes is an ongoing project. More will be scanned and uploaded as resources allow. Add the RSS feed (linked to the right as "Receive updates for this collection") to your feed reader for updates to the Indexes digital collection.
Tips On Using This Collection
- To search just this collection, use the basic search box near the top of this page or click “Advanced Search” for more search options.
- To search for entries on a specific date, (1) click on "Advanced Search," (2) click on the link "Search by Date," and (3) fill in the blanks as directed.
- To browse all available index books, click “Browse Indexes to OPSB Meeting Minutes” in the menu along the top of the page. Each row on the results screen represents one index book (usually covering one year). Click on a volume’s “Title” to open it.
Reading a Volume (aka "Turning Pages"):
- Browse the volume by using the table of contents to the right of the image viewer. You may also use the "Next" and "Previous" buttons at the top right of the page image (next to the page number) to turn the page.
- Learn more by reading the descriptive data below the image viewer. The “Object Description” section describes the whole volume/minute book. The “Description” section is specific to the page on your screen.